Views of Participants
Views of Participants
- Less fearful. More trusting. Less irritable/angry. Beginning to see situations differently. Changing very deep and long held, learnt and protective responses to some difficult situations e.g. by passive aggression. Self-destruct in response to situations perceived as shameful. Persistence and resilient and adventurous when feel things are not as I want them to be. Forgive more easily. . . Self and others.
- Increased focus at work, for example writing reports/ meeting deadlines
- I am finding work extremely stressful and do get upset and very tense about it at times. Regular mindful movement and meditation are an important way of relieving that stress and staying in control of the stress level. I have little pop up reminders on my calendar which prompt me to take a few minutes out to be mindful or go for a mindful walk at lunchtime.
- Thinking about what I am going to respond to people before actually speaking. .
- I am aware of my breathing and use this to relax and detach from stressful situations
- I think through mindfulness, one will be more aware of the good qualities that one should put into practice everyday and more systematically – through daily practice they become part of our lives and who we are and how we function/ live our lives. For example, when someone is unkind to you, you try not respond in the same manner – you reflect and ponder about the situation and through reflection you search within your own soul and search for wisdom and try to answer to find the best answer/ way to deal with the situation.
- I try and make a conscious effort to do one thing at a time now and not multitask all the time!
- I feel I’m ‘present’ a lot more; and more aware when I’m getting caught up unnecessarily with too many things going on all at once better able to recognise this and stop and take a step back
- I have been able to manage my poor health much better than I would otherwise have done
- Feedback from partner was that my mood was improved. I experienced greater motivation and started to exercise again after a year off.
- I use it positively to counteract stress and anxiety. Also to relax and as an aid to sleep
- I learnt how to focus on my breath which I now use if I can’t get to sleep or I am feeling anxious