Centre for Mindful Life Enhancement
Welcome to the Centre for Mindful Life Enhancement which is a not-for-profit social enterprise run by volunteers.
To introduce people to the principles and practices of mindful life enhancement. Mindfulness involves meditation, mindful movement and informal practices. Through these practices we have the ambition to help people interact more effectively and positively with the world around them.
We will create and support an ever-widening community practising and exploring mindful life enhancement, with the aspiration to create a mindful city.
- Making a difference
- Service to the community
- Supporting physical and mental well-being
- Continuous learning
- Partnership and working with others
- Open access
- Underpinned by compassion, loving kindness, joy and equanimity (the Four Immeasurables)
We achieve this by:
- Providing courses in Mindfulness Based Life Enhancement [currently run as both eight week and six week programmes – the content is the same in both]
- Exploring the role of mindfulness in organisational settings
- To explore the relationship between mindfulness and ageing
You can explore the Centre’s work on this website. There are guided meditations which you can download, as well as discussion papers relating to:
- Mindful Ageing
- Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence
- Mindfulness and Wellbeing
- and more …!